What is a connection?
A connection is any pair of apps you link up to sync contact data. A connection may sync contacts 2-way or 1-way.
The number of connections you need/use is one of the parameters that define which subscription plan is your best match.
Some important side notes:
- As you need to allow PieSync to sync across your contact data, i.e. by authorizing it to log into your app's account, you'll need to set up a 2nd connection if you'd like to sync contact data stored within a different account, even if it's the same app.
A simple example are 4 employees (say John, Linda, Patricia and Robert) with the same company, each managing their own Google Contacts list (from the company G Suite/Gmail), and syncing their respective contacts with the company CRM, e.g. Salesforce. This scenario would require 4 connections, even though they involve only 2 apps:
- John's Google Contacts ↔ Salesforce CRM
- Linda's Google Contacts ↔ Salesforce CRM
- Patricia's Google Contacts ↔ Salesforce CRM
- Robert's Google Contacts ↔ Salesforce CRM
- Certain apps (notably some marketing/email apps such as MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Direct Mail for Mac, BombBomb, Myphoner, among others ...) are connected per contact subset, be it a list/campaign/project, rather than per account.
Consequently, subscribers/contacts related to a 2nd list/campaign/project require a 2nd connection.