ConnectWise Manage offers clear lines of communication, error-proof ticketing and powerful documentation. Capture and track every step, maximize visibility, and establish workflows so you can deliver exceptional customer service.
Below you'll find detailed information, specifically for ConnectWise Manage integrations:
Supported ConnectWise Manage Integrations
Authorizing ConnectWise Manage
To authorize your ConnectWise Manage account, fill out these 5 fields:
- Your domain: i.e. in your web browser's address/URL bar: the part coming after https:// and before /v2017...
- Also from the browser address bar: your version number, including the 'v' in front, so e.g. v2017_6
- Your Public API Key: you may either obtain this from your admin, or generate one yourself by clicking on your user drop-down menu in the top right corner > My Account > API Keys > enter a description and click the save icon;
- The Private API Key, i.e. to be found right below the Public Key, as described above in 3;
- Your Company ID, i.e. the one you fill out when logging on.
If you already authorized ConnectWise Manage account(s) in the past or in any other PieSync integration, you'll be able to the first part of the authorization and choose from your CONNECTED ACCOUNTS.
[IF] Supported Conditions/Filters
- TYPE OF CONTACT (approver / champions / custom type / decision maker / end user / evaluator / influencer / no longer employed)
- IS ACTIVE/INACTIVE
- FIELD VALUES (INCLUDING CUSTOM FIELDS)
- ALREADY EXISTING IN APP YOU SYNC WITH
[THEN] Supported Actions
- MAKE ACTIVE/INACTIVE
- UPDATE TYPE OF CONTACT (approver / champions / custom type / decision maker / end user / evaluator / influencer / no longer employed)
- UPDATE FIELD VALUES (INCLUDING CUSTOM FIELDS)
Default Field Mapping
Depending on the other app you're syncing with, you'll see a number of standard ConnectWise Manage fields being mapped by default. For instance, in a connection with Google Contacts, the default field mapping looks like this:
Customizable Field Mapping
You can custom map your ConnectWise Manage Custom Fields and any additional standard fields that aren't included in the default mapping yet. Bear in mind a mapping between two fields can only exist if the types of fields are compatible and the particular compatibility will determine the direction of the mapping as well. More information on Customizable Field Mapping HERE.
Currently, there are no ConnectWise Manage integrations on the PieSync platform that support our deletions sync.
Currently, there are no ConnectWise Manage integrations on the PieSync platform that support our unsubscribes sync.