MailChimp is an extensive email marketing tool, and probably the most versatile out there! Targeted campaigns, newsletters, and automated messages together with a broad range of excellent and customizable templates and pre-made campaigns will make this a breeze. Below you'll find more detailed information, specifically for MailChimp integrations:
This video shows an example of syncing MailChimp with Nimble.
Supported MailChimp Integrations
We simply ask your login details and permission for access
If you already authorized MailChimp Audience(s) in the past or in any other PieSync integration, you'll be able to skip this step and choose from your CONNECTED ACCOUNTS.
[IF] Supported Conditions/Filters
You can sync one AUDIENCE per connection - PieSync needs you to authorize each MailChimp AUDIENCE separately
- STATUS IN AUDIENCE
- STATUS IN GROUP
- AVERAGE CLICK/OPEN RATE
- MEMBER RATING
- VIP YES/NO
- FIELDS (INCLUDING CUSTOM FIELDS)
- ALREADY EXISTING IN THE APP YOU SYNC WITH (e.g. Google Contacts / Depending on the app you sync MailChimp with)
[THEN] Supported Actions
- SUBSCRIBING/UNSUBSCRIBING FROM AUDIENCE
- SUBSCRIBING/UNSUBSCRiBING FROM GROUP
- APPLY/REMOVE VIP STATUS
- UPDATE FIELDS (INCLUDING CUSTOM FIELDS)
Default Field Mapping
MailChimp has 3 standard fields, therefore, the default field mapping for MailChimp integrations with HubSpot will look like this:
You can fix this by changing your fields back to the default setting:
- Go to your audience
- Click on 'Settings', then go to 'audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags'
- In the column 'Put this tag in your content:' change the tag of your first name field to FNAME and the last name field to LNAME (these are the default values)
- Delete your sync and create it again.
Customizable Field Mapping
You can custom map your MailChimp custom fields and any additional standard fields that aren't included in the default mapping yet. Bear in mind, a mapping between two fields can only exist if the types of fields are compatible. More information on Customizable Field Mapping here.
Currently, there are no MailChimp integrations on the PieSync platform that support our deletions sync.
In connections with MailChimp, where adding a tag in app B is a supported trigger (THEN), you are able to sync unsubscribes one-way. When a contact unsubscribes in MailChimp, we add the tag 'PieSync Unsubscribes' to that same contact in app B. This way, you are able to review this segment first before taking any action in app B.