Why am I seeing "access revoked" or "authentication failed"?
This is always due to the once connected app now denying access to PieSync, because of any number of reasons:
- a time-out after a prolonged period of inactivity;
- the account's password was changed;
- the account no longer exists, or had its user name changed;
- the account no longer fits the required conditions, e.g. as a consequence of a billing issue;
- ... or somewhere along those lines.
Specifically, changes to the account credentials (e.g. changing the password) may be a deliberate safety measure, but naturally, this will prevent PieSync from accessing the contact data any further. Therefore, you need to re-authorize your app for PieSync to be able to read & write to it.
If you'd like to keep your existing setup, simply contact email@example.com and clearly indicate which of your connections is impacted. On weekdays, we'll respond within 24 hours with a special URL for you to click, which will put you right back on track in no time. We’re working hard on making this available for you in the dashboard, stay tuned!